SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a great way to demonstrate and prove that prospective customers are now searching for your brand name which is a great thing. SEO efforts are directly reflected and measured by the increasing quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results. The essence of SEO is to create title tags and meta descriptions which are keyword relevant, and which show up in the result pages. Optimizing of tags and descriptions enhances the ‘click through rate’ leading to qualified web traffic.
An SEO-led brand strategy is usually effective in most cases due to the several advantages it offers:
- Inexpensive: Reaching our across borders to far corners of the globe with the same keywords
- Sustainable: Unlike conventional advertising where the results show an immediate drop once the campaign is stopped, the results of SEO continue to accrue in the short-run
- Increased ROI: Higher conversion rates (that are measurable) at lower cost lead to better ROI prospects
- Increased Brand Awareness : Healthy SEO co-ordinates lead to a high ranking of your website which means more traffic, more eye-balls and more awareness
- Customer Analysis: SEO-led traffic facilitates a better understanding of the customer in terms of demographics and preferences. In some cases, this may even lead to re-defining of the Target Audience definition
No wonder that today 30% to 75% of the traffic in e-commerce websites like Myntra, Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal or even others like Zomato and Makemytrip is SEO-driven. The wonderful part is that “SEO brings intent based traffic that converts well.”
All startups should focus on the below elements while undertaking SEO:
- Research: A thorough research of competitors’ sites allows for specific planning to rank above their websites on the first page. Site structure, navigation, schema markup and layout are key to search visibility of a website
- Original and Frequent Content: Keeping the content original and fresh will have a significant impact on search results. A focused product/service led approach should be a priority when it comes to building a successful SEO campaign
- Mobile Friendly: It is crucial for websites to be mobile friendly (read responsive) in today’s smartphone-led world. This not only helps increase the traffic-stickiness but also gets you an extra SEO point
- A Fast Loading Website: It is equally important to have fast loading time for the website offering an excellent navigation experience to the users. Image optimisation and fixing of broken links are key here. Google is trying to make a better web which means that your website should load more quickly and be straightforward and easy to navigate. This will ensure that the user time on the website increases
It will not be apt to sum up without the caveat that the “only constant in SEO is change”. It is very important to keep track of the regular algorithm changes and new technology updates by major search engines like Google to leverage SEO efforts to its maximum potential. When it comes to SEO, “New, Faster and Better” is the buzzword!